Swag

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Visiting Mason and shooting a squirrel out of a tree



I was inside the house minding my own business assisting my step-mom cleaning out the laundry room. I was really going at it...I threw away a bunch of crap. When all of the sudden, I heard a gun shot. (We are in the country, so not so unusual) But then I heard another. I went to the sliding glass door to see what was going on.

I saw a young man with a 9mm pistol shooting up into a tree. My step dad reached into his pick up and pulled out his 22 pistol and began shooting up into the tree. A man that I do not know reaches into his truck and pulls out a deer rifle with a scope and begins to carefully aim it. By this point, there have been at least 14 rounds expended. He carefully aims, and fires. He got the fiendish animal up in the tree!! A squirrel.

I did not ask why they were shooting a squirrel. No sense in that. But the events that followed were just as humorous.

I have just purchased an all digital video camera. My youngest son has mastered its use.

The dog, shorty, immediately confiscated the squirrel. It was his. That is when the video documentation began.

In 1 or 2 hour intervals, my son would report to us the status of the squirrel. "Mom, the squirrel has no head!! A couple of hours later: "He has no front legs." This went out throughout the day, until the squirrel was just a tail.

I have been told not to worry...he did not kill the squirrel or dismember it...He was just documenting the progession of events.

12 comments:

AssX said...

I think your son has traumatized that dog...did you ever find out why the hell they shot the squirrel out of the tree?

Kahuna said...

They're country folks. I've done the same thing. You can always blame critters for something.

Kahuna said...

how ya been X? long time.

AssX said...

Doing good! You?

Kahuna said...

Yeah doing fine. changed my pic. like it?

AssX said...

Are you forgetting to tell us something? Maybe some type of operation you have had???

Kahuna said...

Doesnt matter, I'm a monk anyway. Check my profile.

AssX said...

When did you become a monk?

Kahuna said...

not literally

Sew daze said...

Because it was there. I have no idea why they wanted to shoot the squirrel....Like Kahuna said, they are country folk.

Kahuna said...

Yeah, that's good enough reason for lot's of silly occurences. I use it all the time.

Anonymous said...

Its not good to harm an animal as just think in place of an animal if we human being are there and some might person hist us then how we have felt? Please reconsider whole situation keeping human being in place of animal and all the issue will be resolved